So the Monday before Easter we have a family home evening about what Easter is really about. The resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ. I have plastic Easter eggs filled with certain things that remind us of the resurrection like Leaven bread and nails ect that tells us the story of the last supper to the atonement to the crucifixion and then the Resurrection. We also showed them a cartoon movie of the whole story called (Worthy is the Lamb). The kids were sad after they watched the movie I was not prepared for how sad they would be and the things they would remember form the movie. Skylar did not like the crown of thorns they put on his head and Jeremiah did not like that they put nails in his hands and feet. They also were shocked by the fact that he was still alive when he was on the cross. I tried to speak plainly so they could try to understand what Christ did for us, I told them that Jesus did this because he loves them so much and that he knows were not perfect so he wants us to repent and be good and follow his commandments so we can all live with him again. It was hard for them to get past what they saw on the movie. But they understood that Jesus is alive now and not in that pain anymore and we will see him again. Our church also put on a Easter brunch on Saturday where they talked about Jesus life from the time he was born till his resurrection it was really good and Justin had a part and also all the primary kids sang a song called Gethsemane it was heart renchingly amazing!! On Sunday of course the lessons and talks were all about the resurrection and for Easter dinner on Sunday we had Ham and fruit and deviled eggs and bread with lemonade to drink. We watched a cartoon movie called (He is Risen) which is better for my little ones because it focuses on the resurrection and afterwards:) This had to be the greatest spiritually fed Easter I have ever had. And I loved it!!!
Monday, April 9, 2012
The Resurrection
Posted by The Wolfes at 12:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment